Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0.1 is out!

Search: 

8: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0.1 is out!
In response to 4 03/13/07 04:32 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Jong-Dae,

The SMTP server should be set to the user's SMTP address. It isn't actually used at the moment, so it won't do any damage right now.

But I've asked Luke to make sure our address in not included in any future installers. I have raised this as bug https://bugs.lamsfoundation.org/browse/LI-71

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

15: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0.1 is out!
In response to 8 03/14/07 05:51 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Folks,

I'm about ready to cry. I've was testing this installer most of the afternoon and I was just triple checking something this evening and I've found another problem.

When you do an upgrade from LAMS 2.0 to 2.0.1, there are some "junk" directories in the lams.ear. They are actually files relating to our source code archives. The result is that export portfolio doesn't work. It only happens if you do an upgrade - if you do a clean install then it isn't a problem.

Also two of the language files are out of date.

The only good thing is that it is relatively simple for you to fix on your own installations - so for everyone that has already installed, you don't need to try to uninstall.

How do you fix it? Find the lams-central.war directory. If you use the standard install path, that will be C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy\lams.ear\lams-central.war

Have a look in all the lams-central.war directory and all its subdirectories. You will see directories called "CVS". Delete the "CVS" directories and their  contents (usually three files called Entries, Repository and Root). Don't delete any other directories - just the CVS directories.

Once the CVS directories are deleted, export portfolio should work fine.

I have attached a screen dump, so you can see some of the directories.

The two language files that are out of date are two Portuguese files. I will attach them in the following postings, and tell you where to put them. If you don't use Portuguese, then you can ignore these two files - LAMS will run fine in all other languages.

I hope you will forgive this oversight. I don't know how many times I tested export portfolio, but I must have tested it against the full install, not the upgrade.

A very tired and frustrated Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Attachments:
16: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0.1 is out!
In response to 15 03/14/07 05:54 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The attached file goes in
C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy\lams.ear\lams-central.war\flashxml\monitoring\pt_BR_dictionary.xml

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Attachments:
17: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0.1 is out!
In response to 16 03/14/07 05:58 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Final posting for the night hopefully.

The attached file goes in

C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy\lams.ear\lams-central.war\flashxml\wizard\pt_BR_dictionary.xml

Both of these pt_BR_dictionary.xml files replace the existing pt_BR_dictionary.xml files in the two directories.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

18: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0.1 is out!
In response to 17 03/14/07 06:02 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The file attachment failed. Maybe I can't upload two files with the same name.

The attached file needs to go in as C:\lams\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy\lams.ear\lams-central.war\flashxml\wizard\pt_BR_dictionary.xml

so you will need to rename this attached file.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Attachments:
20: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0.1 is out!
In response to 18 03/14/07 07:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fiona,

I made all the changes you suggested and then loaded an sequence into the design screen. I then exported it in both LD and LAMS formats without apparent problems.

I then tried to import it back in from the exported files.

When I tried to import the IMS LD format export file I got the following error message:

=========================================================

Import tool content
Learning design import failed

The reason is [org.lamsfoundation.lams.learningdesign.service.ImportToolContentException]

=========================================================

However, importing the LAMS format file seemed to work successfully.

Just a FYI,
Tim.

Posted by Timothy Allen

21: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0.1 is out!
In response to 20 03/14/07 04:46 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Tim,

Thanks for the kind words in your earlier posting.

The LD is only "export" at the moment. You can't import it back in.

If you want to import it in, you have to use the LAMS format.

So your problem is not unexpected.

But we obviously don't say that on the screen, or you wouldn't have tried it. :->

I've just raised a task to add a clarification message on the screen in LAMS 2.0.2.

Thanks for the feedback.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

19: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0.1 is out!
In response to 15 03/14/07 06:41 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Fiona,

No problem! In fact I congratulate you on being so vigilant that you noticed this problem before anyone else did. I lazily assumed it had gone ok because I didn't check all the functions.

No data is lost so all is well. Thanks for the detailed instructions. I will apply them, but in the meantime please have a break, we can't afford the midnight oil these days! ;-)

Cheers,
Tim.

Posted by Timothy Allen

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum