Forum Teaching with LAMS - experiences: Re: LAMS and textbooks

Search: 

3: Re: LAMS and textbooks
In response to 1 11/07/05 12:23 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I teach two advanced software development courses in the Graduate Programs in Software program at the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA.

One of these courses is a capstone project course that covers rapidly changing best practices and technologies for software development. This rapid topic evolution requires an equally nimble choice of (web-based) readings and textbooks to effectively support the course material.

I am trying to find the time to effectively apply the "build your own textbook" characteristics of the O'Reilly SafariU program to build effective reading materials for this course, but have not yet been able to do this.

My reason for mentioning this is that it seems that such building/crafting capability for course readings and texts would also allow curriculum developers to very effectively weave specific readings with highly-directed, choreographed learning activities - in particular, activities developed and orchestrated with LAMS.

I would be very interested in learning of others that have tried, or are trying similar "weavings". I am also interested in forming an active support group for those instructors that are interested in pursuing similar approaches, to share experiences and provide support to one another. :)

-Gary Berosik
gary.berosik@thomson.com

Posted by Gary Berosik

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Teaching with LAMS - experiences