Forum Articles and Presentations about LAMS: Presentation at UK HE Academy SSeLF workshop

You may request notification for Presentation at UK HE Academy SSeLF workshop.
Search: 

1: Presentation at UK HE Academy SSeLF workshop
10/19/05 05:27 AM
[ Forward ]
See attached for my presentation to the UK Higher Education Academy "Supporting Sustainable e-Learning Forum" (SSeLF) workshop at London Metropolitan University on Monday 17th October, 2005.

It is one of my more detailed presentations about the problems of a content-centric approach to e-learning, leading into Learning Design and LAMS. It includes brief comments on technical standards and pedagogy, links between COLIS and LAMS, and a section exploring a general template/pattern on "What are the qualities of an effective teacher?" which is implemented in four different ways to take advantage of different delivery modes (synchronous/asynchronous) and contexts (face to face and computer based).

The workshop included a brief hands-on session with LAMS using a sequence I designed during the workshop about "Learning Design". While it is fairly basic, it is workable and can form the basis for refinement or adaptation for other topics. It's in the Research and Development community at http://lamscommunity.org/lamscentral/sequence?seq_id=52616

Posted by James Dalziel

Attachments:
Post a Reply
Back to Articles and Presentations about LAMS