Forum LAMS Newsletter: Newsletter 40, 27th Aug, 06

You may request notification for Newsletter 40, 27th Aug, 06.
Search: 

1: Newsletter 40, 27th Aug, 06
08/28/06 12:44 AM
[ Forward ]
LAMS Conference update

The paper reviewing process for the LAMS Conference is now underway - we hope to get back to everyone who submitted a paper within the next few weeks. We've had to find more reviewers to cope with the number of submissions - always a good sign!

Many people have contacted us to ask about another chance to submit a presentation proposal. We're planning to make a second official call for presentations in mid September - more details then. This call will be for abstracts (100-200 words) for presentations or posters (that is, no paper submission is required, but abstracts for accepted presentations/posters will still be included in the conference proceedings). Suggested discussion panels are also welcome.

On a related note, the conference website has been updated - there is now more information about accommodation and transport options - see
http://lamsfoundation.org/lams2006/accommodation.htm

LAMS at Blackboard AsiaPac 2006

Blackboard AsiaPac 2006 (September 10-12, Melbourne, Australia) is the first combined Blackboard and WebCT conference. I'll be giving a particular appropriate presentation for this conference about the experience of integrating LAMS into both Blackboard and WebCT platforms. The presentation, called "Implementing Learning Design: The LAMS Approach", is on Monday from 11:45am-12:35pm in Room M2. I'll also the discuss the use of LAMS with WebCT at Macquarie University, and I'll be joined by Paul Gagnon from Nanyang Technological University (via Skype) to discuss their experience of using LAMS with Blackboard in Singapore. For further details, see the conference program at
http://www.blackboard.com/company/events/AsiaPac06/Detailed_Schedule.htm

In addition, LAMS International Pty Ltd will be at Stand 13 in the exhibition hall. Jonathan Clare (LAMS International Chief Operating Officer) will be available throughout the conference to discuss services and support packages for LAMS, including integration with Blackboard and WebCT platforms.

Posted by James Dalziel

Post a Reply
Back to LAMS Newsletter