Forum LAMS Newsletter: Newsletter 35, 24th Jul, 06

You may request notification for Newsletter 35, 24th Jul, 06.
Search: 

1: Newsletter 35, 24th Jul, 06
07/24/06 05:45 PM
[ Forward ]
LAMS Community back up

The LAMS Community is now back up, having moved to a new hosting home. Many thanks to Andrew Logue who worked very hard to organise and manage this move - including the many extra little tasks along the way make this a big job. Everything is the same as before we moved the server, so we look forward to your continued discussion and sequence sharing into the future.

Discussion of Branching for LAMS V2.1

I've posted a new thread to begin discussing how branching features could work in LAMS V2.1 (due May/June, 07). You'll find it at

http://www.lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/educationalcommunity/lamsresearchdevelopment/forums/message-view?message_id=264629

From discussions with many LAMS community members, I know this is one of the big, exciting features for the future, so we're keen to get your ideas and feedback on this. There are different ideas about the sort of branching features that are most important, as well as challenging issues about designing a simple but powerful user interface for this feature.

Perhaps one of the most interesting features of branching in LAMS V2.1 will be the ability to do branching with groups of students, not just branching for individuals. As far as I know, this has never been done before in e-learning.

So for anyone who is interested in branching, now is the time to influence this for the future. We welcome your thoughts and suggestions - just post them as a response to the thread above. We can't promise to achieve everything at first, but it would be great to understand the most important priorities for our first cut at this great new feature. Thanks!

Posted by James Dalziel

Post a Reply
Back to LAMS Newsletter