Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: How do i change the flash icons/label in the LHS of the Authoring page.

Search: 

4: Re: Re: How do i change the flash icons/label in the LHS of the Authoring page.
In response to 3 09/23/07 05:00 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The label should be coming out of the language files for your new tool. When you copied the existing tool to create your new tool, you should have copied the conf/language/lams directory. You will need to modify the ApplicationResources.properties and ApplicationResources_en_AU.properties files to change the name of the tool.

You also need to check that the language_file column in the lams_tool table is correct. This contains the language file name that LAMS uses to access the properties file. It must match what you have set up in languageFilesPackage setting in the generateDeployProperties task in build.xml. For example, if the languageFilePackage in the build.xml is "org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.forum", then the matching column in the database must be "org.lamsfoundation.lams.tool.forum.ApplicationResources".

The row in the lams_tool table is is inserted using the tool_insert.sql script.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

5: Re: Re: Re: How do i change the flash icons/label in the LHS of the Authoring page.
In response to 4 09/24/07 12:15 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks a lot,

Worked.

I had not made the changes to the ApplicationResources_en_AU.properties file.

I had changed only the
ApplicationResources.properties file.

Regards,

C. Karthikeyan.

Posted by Karthikeyan Chidambaram

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS