Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Re: will lams 2.0.2 work with mysql version 5.0.27

Search: 

4: Re: Re: Re: will lams 2.0.2 work with mysql version 5.0.27
In response to 3 05/30/07 06:16 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
We think the problem is an odd line in your my.ini file and that is confusing the installer.

The file should look something like this:

[mysqld]
transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED
[WinMySQLAdmin]
Server=C:/Program Files/xampp/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe

All the entries in the file should be grouped under a line with []. For example "transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED" is grouped under [mysqld].

Do you have any entries in your my.ini file that appear BEFORE the first line with []?

If you could email me your my.ini file then I will look at it and see if I can see a problem in the file. Better to email it rather than post it because some my.ini files contain passwords. My email address is fmalikoff@melcoe.mq.edu.au

If you don't want to email us your my.ini file, you can try the following:

* Rename your my.ini file to myini.keep. You must rename it because you will need it later. Do NOT delete the my.ini file as will make other programs stop working.

* Run the LAMS installer. The installer will warn you that it couldn't find the my.ini file.

* After you have installed LAMS, rename your myini.keep file back to my.ini.

* Open your my.ini file in notepad. Look for a section marked "[mysqld]". If the section exists, add the line "transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED" to that section.

If you don't have a section "[mysqld]" then add this to the top of your my.ini file:

[mysqld]
transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED

It is 10:15pm at night here, so I'll post this message and I'll check for a reply in the morning.

Regards,

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS