Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Installation Problem

Search: 

4: Re: Re: Installation Problem
In response to 3 04/25/07 05:41 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Matthew,

Can you post the logs? Without them I'll be just taking a stab in the dark.

Can you try http://ip address:port/ (replacing ip address and port with your server's ip address and the port that it is running on - 8080, 80, etc) and see what you get? This is the normal address for LAMS but without "lams/" on the end.

Do you get a screen with a JBoss logo on it? If you don't get the JBoss logo, then LAMS hasn't been started.

Are you running LAMS 2.0, or LAMS 2.0.2?

If you are using an IP address to access it, make sure the serverURL setting in the configuration table matches the IP address. You can check the entry in the lams_configuration table using a MySQL client, such as the MySQL GUI Tools.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

5: Re: Re: Re: Installation Problem
In response to 4 04/25/07 06:41 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fiona,

Thanks for your response, When I hit the ip:8080, I get a WAMP Homepage, because I am running LAMS insode a WAMP5 Architecture so I can test Moodle nad Joomla at the same time, mostly to look at integration, uses, etc. (and just cos I can.) I upgraded WAMP's version of MySQL to 5 and I have had it running before.

Is there another way to test if JBoss is running?

Thanks again,

Matt.

Posted by Matthew Topp

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Installation Problem
In response to 5 04/25/07 06:56 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Matt,

Sound like you have a port conflict.

Now, I've never used WAMP but looking on the website its a single installer that gives you Apache, MySQL and PHP right?

I suspect that if WAMP is using 8080, then your calls to JBoss/LAMS isn't getting to JBoss - it will be getting intercepted by Apache and stopping there.

Try running LAMS/JBoss on a different port - say 8180. Have a look at these instructions on changing the port. I'd try method (1) given on that page first - changing the server.xml file and restarting LAMS. If that doesn't do the trick then try method (2) and if that still doesn't work, post back here again.

Once you do get through to LAMS, make sure you change the serverURL as described on the instructions page. Otherwise LAMS will look all wrong and some of the functionality won't work.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

7: Re: Re: Re: Re: Installation Problem
In response to 5 04/25/07 06:56 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
here are the logs...

Posted by Matthew Topp

Attachments:
8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Installation Problem
In response to 7 04/25/07 06:59 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Yep - those logs confirm it is a conflict on the port. JBoss is detecting that something else is using port 8080. From server.log:

08:35:13,937 ERROR [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] Error initializing endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:297)

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS