Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: Re: Re: Authentication files

Search: 

4: Re: Re: Re: Authentication files
In response to 3 04/23/07 08:24 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ahh, in that case you want (1).

We use the Catalina single sign on cookie to do the single sign within LAMS itself and we also have a our own special shared session but you will need to be in the same JVM to access that. As you have noticed, LAMS is made up of multiple web-apps so we needed some mechanism of sharing the login and the session data between the web-apps.

As for that task to include a wiki tool. Sadly no, we haven't started work on this. To many things to do, not enough hands to do them all!

If you have any problems with the LDAP side, let us know. Jun-Dir has been doing some stuff with the LDAP lately so he might be able to help with issues. We've tested our LDAP with only one particular LDAP server, so there could be issues with other servers (see LDAP wiki page).

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Authentication files
In response to 4 05/16/07 03:39 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]

Hi Fiona,

I tried to put xWiki in the same JBoss webapp container as LAMS, but it didn't work. The reason is because you have used the unified class loader. When I set "UseJBossWebLoader" to false xWiki works, but as you mention here, LAMS will not work properly.

So, I guess, what I need to do is to run xWiki on another JBoss instance on the same server, or are there other ways to work around this problem? Have you been able to run other webapps on the same JBoss instance?

Another question: Is there a single sign-on between Moodle and LAMS? If I'm not able to create the single sign-on functionality using Moodle could be a last option. I'm not to keen on using Moodle (it has an integrated wiki) because I want LAMS to be in the foreground.

Posted by Jan Dolonen

6: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Authentication files
In response to 5 05/17/07 06:22 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The classloader business in JBoss can be right pain.... We haven't tried running any other webapps in the same JBoss instance.

There is single sign on between Moodle and LAMS. You need the LAMS2 module available from the download page.

If it was possible to implement single sign on from xWiki to LAMS, based on the Moodle or Sakai integrations then the users could log into xWiki and click on a button to open the LAMS window. Then they could run in LAMS as much as they want, going back to xWiki when desired. Not beautiful but maybe workable? If you did this, you could run xWiki in Tomcat, Jett y, etc - you wouldn't need a full JBoss instance.

If I get a chance this week (and I'm pretty busy with bug fixes for the next release) I'll try running up xWiki myself and see if I can come up with anything.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum