Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new error

Search: 

25: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new error
In response to 23 03/28/07 06:26 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
All those log entries are fine. I know they are warnings but I get them all the time and it doesn't do any damage. Ditto the warnings in the boot log.

I think you are going to have to turn on debugging on the LAMS side then send me the complete collection of LAMS logs + the logs from Apache (in case there are any errors recorded on the Apache end). The wiki page is Create DEBUG Logs.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

26: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new error
In response to 25 03/28/07 09:14 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Here we go again. This morning I have no directory tree again ...when trying to open a sequence (in moodle). If I try to create a sequence I get 404 error.

I have changed nothing since last night when things were OK.

Ah well ...attached are te error logs you asked for and two screenshots. Good luck

Posted by graham hughes

Attachments:
27: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new error
In response to 26 03/28/07 11:13 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I can't explain the no directory tree - I can't even see a call in the LAMS logs to indicate that Moodle has asked for the data.

I've set up my local copy of LAMS to use the Chamelon theme, just in case it is the theme causing problems but apart from the missing LAMS icon I haven't spotted any different behavior due to the theme.

But, I think the URL that Moodle is using to access LAMS is wrong. I don't understand how it could have gone wrong overnight, but that's what the logs indicate.

There is an entry in your log for:

127.0.0.1 - - [29/Mar/2007:12:53:09 +1000] "GET /lams%20/LoginRequest?uid=gjhugs&method=author&ts=March+29%2C2007+12%3A52+pm&sid=......

The "lams%20" bit suggests that in your Moodle configuration screen there is a space after "lams". Could you go into the Moodle LAMS v2 module admin screen and make sure there are no spaces after the server_url, server_id or server_key fields. If there are spaces there, it will cause the validation to fail and will cause other problems.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

28: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new error
In response to 27 03/28/07 11:22 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
If you want to check what the values really are in the database try this (replacing the path with your path to mysql, and the "use moodle" statement to "use <databasename>" if Moodle uses a different database).

I did this in a cmd window. You can do the same sql statement (select name, concat('\'',value,'\'') from mdl_config where name like 'lamstwo%';) in any database client - just make sure you keep all the quotes intact.

C:\>"c:\program files\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql" -ulams2 -p
Enter password: ********
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 793
Server version: 5.0.33 Source distribution

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> use moodle;
Database changed

mysql> select name, concat('\'',value,'\'') from mdl_config
    -> where name like 'lamstwo%';
+-----------------------+------------------------------+
| name                  | concat('\'',value,'\'')      |
| lamstwo_requestsource | 'Moodle'                    |
| lamstwo_serverid      | 'moodle'                    |
| lamstwo_serverkey    | 'moodle'                    |
| lamstwo_serverurl    | 'http://localhost:8080/lams' |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>exit

If you see any extra spaces within the quotes, then you have a problem!

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

30: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new error
In response to 28 04/03/07 05:27 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fiona, just wanted to thank you for your efforts to solve my issues. In the end I went into Macquarie and met with Ernie and Anthony and we solved it all.

Seems the validation error was an IE problem - it validated fine with Firefox installed. And my issues with not seeing sequences constructed in LAMS when on moodle was a permissions problem - I was logged in to LAMS as sysadmin who did not have permission in Moodle. Simple really!

Anyway, it has been a worthwhile exercise......thanks again

Graham

Posted by graham hughes

29: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: new error
In response to 27 03/29/07 08:58 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Definitely no spaces in any field

Posted by graham hughes

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS