Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: LAMS 2.0 - Share Resources - Add Single File

Search: 

2: Re: LAMS 2.0 - Share Resources - Add Single File
In response to 1 02/01/07 06:52 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Kris,

The file is uploaded when you click the "Add Single File" button (not the link, the button on the very bottom of the screen). It all happens through the magic of AJAX I think.

Now where the file is stored is tricky. It is stored in the content repository. On Windows this is normally C:\lams\repository\. But you won't find it under the name that it was called when you uploaded it. All the files in the content repository are stored using a numeric id.

I suspect that the lack of file isn't the problem. If the file was just missing on disk, you will get an error more like:

" Sorry, there as been an error.

There is a problem processing this request. Close the browser window and try again. If the problem persists please contact your system administrator or the technical forums on http://lamscommunity.org/.
javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to read file for uuid 4 versionId 1 due to an IOException. Generated path was C:/lams/repository\04\1:C:\lams\repository\04\1 (The system cannot find the file specified) Show detail "

I think the error is more likely to be related to the user's role. As each tool is its own web-app, it also has its own security settings. Given that the error you get is a security/role error, I think there may be a bug there. I've tried a few "likely" combinations but I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

Could you run the following sql against your database, replacing "mmm" with the login name of the user who had the problem?

SELECT u.login login, o.NAME group, r.NAME role
FROM lams_user u,
lams_user_organisation uo,
lams_user_organisation_role uor,
lams_organisation o,
lams_role r
WHERE u.login = "mmm"
AND u.user_id = uo.user_id
AND uo.user_organisation_id = uor.user_organisation_id
AND uor.role_id = r.role_id
AND uo.organisation_id = o.organisation_id

You should get results like this. As you can see, "mmm" has LEARNER role in all its groups. Could you post the results, along with with group for which the sequence was running?

mmm    Playpen        AUTHOR
mmm    Playpen        MONITOR
mmm    Playpen        LEARNER
mmm    Everybody    MONITOR
mmm    Everybody    LEARNER
mmm    Mathematics 1    AUTHOR
mmm    Mathematics 1    MONITOR
mmm    Mathematics 1    LEARNER
mmm    Tutorial Group A    MONITOR
mmm    Tutorial Group A    LEARNER

Now as for the grammar, I've changed the message to:

"Your current role does not allow you to view this page. Please contact your system administrator if you believe you should have be given access to this page."

Is that good enough? It is 10:31 PM at night and its a bit late to check with Mum. She always corrected my grammar back in my schooldays and is much more reliable than most computerised grammar checkers. <grin>

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

4: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0 - Share Resources - Add Single File
In response to 2 02/01/07 08:27 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fiona,

Thanks for the reply. The results from the query you gave me are thus:

+-------+---------------+---------+
| stu2 | PGCE Students | LEARNER |
| stu2 | LAMS Group | LEARNER |
+-------+---------------+---------+

I didn't set up the user personally, but the user is only intended to be a 'learner' as it is obviously a student. The author who came across the problem had 'author', 'learner' and 'monitor' status too.

Does this help at all? Oh, and as for your 2nd request:

'...along with with group for which the sequence was running?'

Do you just want a copy paste of the group structure from LAMS?

Thanks,

Kris

Posted by Kristian Besley

6: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0 - Share Resources - Add Single File
In response to 4 02/01/07 05:30 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I thought I might have put the 2nd request badly, but I couldn't think of another way to put it.

I meant, was the sequence/lesson being run as PGCE Students or LAMS Group or some other group. ie which heading does it appear under on the My Groups page.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: LAMS 2.0 - Share Resources - Add Single File
In response to 6 02/02/07 05:19 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
The group is PGCE Students and the class is LAMS Group.

The lesson is running as 'LAMS Group'. I didn't name it thus by the way!

Posted by Kristian Besley

Attachments:
Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum