Forum LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum: Re: I found bugs and german translation problems - where to post them?

Search: 

3: Re: I found bugs and german translation problems - where to post them?
In response to 1 10/17/06 05:47 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
On the topic of the date/time stamp...

We use the built in Java formats for our dates and times, rather than implementing our own logic. We use the long format rather than a short format as the short format can be confusing i.e. users won't know if it is DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY.

However the Java formats probably won't suit everyone. Can you give us an example of a correct date and I'll see if there is anything we I can do.

The timezone of all dates is the timezone of the server. So if you are using one of our demo servers, it will *not* give you your local time, it will give you the time on the server but in your language and date style.

Early in the project we attempted to convert the dates to people's local times but we had difficulty with some of the Java classes and dropped the date converstion to work on functionality considered more important. This is something we can revisit in the future if it is a major problem.

Fiona Malikoff
Technical Lead

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS for Tech-Heads - General Forum