Forum Problems Installing LAMS: Re: Building LAMS 2 beta 1

Search: 

3: Re: Building LAMS 2 beta 1
In response to 1 07/09/06 06:58 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Ken,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure why you couldn't connect the first time. Without knowing exactly in what order you did things I'm not sure I'm game to try to guess.

I've just done some updates to try to address the other issues.

> common.properties says:
> project_version=1.1

Yep - old numbering scheme. I suspect the value isn't actually used anywhere. I've updated it in cvs but we won't update the zip copy on the Wiki as it shouldn't have broken
anything.

>I had troubles with rebuild-db until I launched JBOSS and yet the order of instructions is the other way around.

If you see it again r if someone else does, could you please post the text of the error?

I nearly always have JBOSS shutdown when running rebuild-db so it does work. There must be something I've got in our environments that we've forgotten to mention.

I prefer to rebuild-db without JBOSS running for two reasons
(1) JBOSS can get upset and throw errors when database suddenly disappears.
(2) Running the complete build with JBOSS running can take a lot longer than without JBOSS running, as JBOSS will keep trying to reload the LAMS code within JBOSS as each tool is copied over to JBOSS.

In either case, JBOSS will sometimes get so confused with all the updates being thrown it while it is still running that it then refuses to then work properly until you restart JBOSS.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Problems Installing LAMS