Forum LAMS Lounge Forum: Re: Login problem

Search: 

2: Re: Login problem
In response to 1 03/14/07 05:22 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Raza,

We'll need a bit more detail before we can help you much with this one.

Step 1: The passwords are encrypted, so you can't go into the database and check them, and there is no back door to get into LAMS without a password. You at least need the sysadmin password.

Can I suggest that you start by uninstalling LAMS and install it again, and be very careful about the password you enter. Make sure you haven't got the caps lock key on, etc.

Don't confuse the sysadmin password with the MySQL user's password. The password you need is the one on the Configure LAMS screen.

Then try logging in again.

Step 2: If it still doesn't work after the re-install, we need you to attach your logs. That will allow us to look for any errors that might occur while you are logging in.

Go to the LAMS directory (normally c:/lams) and find jboss-4.0.2\server\default\deploy\log, and zip up the following files:

* server.log
* hibernatelams.log and maybe hibernatelams.log.(some number)
* lams.log and maybe lams.log.(some number)
* localhost_access_log.(today's date).log

Why maybe lams.log.(some number) and hibernatelams.log.(some number)? If these logs get very long, then they start another log file and make the old one .1, .2, etc. You may or may not have a lams.log.1, lams.log.2, etc. I suspect that you won't have them, but you might.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

6: Re: Re: Login problem
In response to 2 03/16/07 04:25 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Fiona, I have uploded the log files.
Could you please check and let me know. Thanks

Posted by Raza Moula

7: Re: Re: Re: Login problem
In response to 6 03/16/07 07:17 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Raza,

The files don't seem to be attached. Could you try again?

Also, could you give me a screen dump of the login screen, with the error message showing?

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

8: Re: Re: Re: Re: Login problem
In response to 7 03/16/07 10:31 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I have uploaded again please check
Thanks very much.

Posted by Raza Moula

9: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Login problem
In response to 8 03/19/07 06:22 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Raza,

The log still doesn't seem to be attached. Can you have another go at attaching it.

This is how I attach a file.

* Click on the reply link.
* The page appears with the text entry box. Type in your message. Just above the preview button is the "Attach" option. Set this to "Yes".
* Click Post
* Now it will ask you to Attach a file to the forum posting.  Select the File link (next to some text that says "Attach a new:"
* Now the "Upload a New Attachment" page appears. Click Browse to to select your file. Then enter a title for your attachment. I like to copy the name of the file (e.g. CopyInstallLogToClipboard.jpg) and paste that as the title. Then click Upload.
* The posting will now be displayed as a reply to the previous message, and the file you have uploaded will be listed at the end of the message as something like:

Attachments:
    * CopyInstallLogToClipboard.jpg

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS Lounge Forum