Forum K - 12 Schools Forum: New sequences

You may request notification for New sequences.
Search: 

1: New sequences
12/06/05 10:15 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
At Macquarie University we have an undergraduate unit called EDUC261: ICTs and Education. Our students were required to author a LAMS sequence and provide a pedagogical justification for their choices within it in semester 2, 2005. We have selected some examples of those sequences to share with the K-12 school community. It is exciting for us to watch people actually download these sequences and give them a positive rating. We look forward to providing you with some more sites next semester!

Donna Gibbs, Leanne Cameron and Nick Hutchinson

Posted by Donna Gibbs

2: Re: New sequences
In response to 1 12/11/05 04:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Donna, Leanne and Nick have done a great job in the design of this unit - integrating LAMS into the curriculum. Perhaps we could encourage them to share their overall learning design with us. :) And they used LAMS not just as an add-on, but as an important part of giving students the experience of current technologies through the use of one of the newest.

Karen Woo also helped students in this course author sequences. These 4 staff members have opened and previewed think!

Posted by Robyn Philip

3: Re: New sequences
In response to 1 12/11/05 06:52 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
That last message was cut off - it should read "opened and prviewed 80 sequences in a row". Something to think about!

Posted by Robyn Philip

4: Re: New sequences
In response to 1 03/07/06 12:34 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
I've added a geography sequence about the environment and wetlands.

So I can control who goes into which group I have used the optional transition tool to create six groups. I've used instructions to then direct particular students into the share Resources and Forum tool to discuss a selection of topics.

Have a look and tell me if you think this works. give the sequence a rating. I've used it in training sessions and it seems to be quite successful.

Robyn

Posted by Robyn Philip

Reply to first post on this page
Back to K - 12 Schools Forum