Forum Educational Support: web-based curriculum mapping and LAMS

You may request notification for web-based curriculum mapping and LAMS.
Search: 

1: web-based curriculum mapping and LAMS
11/09/09 01:56 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
hi - I have an interest in Web-based curriculum mapping and am exploring the possibility/advantages of taking some of the output from a curriculum mapping package and presenting it for the learners to use.

Some early thinking at http://www.slideshare.net/jpallis001/pallister-and-mayes-cm-e-portfolio-2009.

I have only just had a quick look at LAMS and will, during the next few weeks, try to explore it a little more.

I would be grateful if anyone could:

* suggest LAMS sequences/materials that might be useful for me to explore to develop my understanding of LAMS

* point me towards any research/projects/resources that explore the relationship between web-based curriculum mapping and LAMS.

I am using RubiconAtlas and would be grateful for any help

John Pallister
www.JohnPallister.net

Posted by john pallister

2: Re: web-based curriculum mapping and LAMS
In response to 1 11/10/09 07:03 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi John,

About LAMS sequences and materials that might be helpful:

There are three good LAMS sequences that will give you a thorough overview on what you can do with LAMS:

* Lesson 1: What is LAMS?
* Lesson 2: LAMS Environments
* Lesson 3: LAMS tools

Of course, you have the LAMS Documentation wiki with lots and lots of, well, documentation and guides on using LAMS.

Also, I think you will appreciate the Competence editor/mapper as well:

* Competence Editor/Mapper, allows Authors to create learning competencies within a learning design, and the map them to specific activities in a LAMS sequence.

Hope that helps. Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

3: Re: Re: web-based curriculum mapping and LAMS
In response to 2 11/10/09 07:04 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Oh! and of course, the central repository of LAMS sequences for how people use LAMS.

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Educational Support