Forum Educational Support: Flash Video and MP3s in LAMS Sequences

You may request notification for Flash Video and MP3s in LAMS Sequences.
Search: 

1: Flash Video and MP3s in LAMS Sequences
07/17/07 06:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Hi Everyone,

James asked me a few days ago if we could embed Flash video and play MP3 files/songs in LAMS sequences. In the past I have shared a sequence that shown how to use videos from Youtube into LAMS sequences.

However, your students would have to be online for them to access the videos and audio from Youtube. If they weren't online, then your sequence will not play as expected... and probably your students would be quite disappointed and bored :-)

Now I found a really cool and open source FLV (Flash Video) Player and Flash MP3 player that you can add to your sequence so it can play the files and videos even when you have no connection to the Internet.

By downloading this players and adding them to your sequence (using the HTML Online Editor), then you can embed any FLV or MP3 file into any LAMS activity.

Even for those of you that do language training, you could have a Q&A or a Quiz with Audio where you can ask the student to write up a discussion they just heard on a conversation (on an MP3 or Flash Video file for instance).

Since the MP3 and Flash Video files are included in the sequence, then you can export the sequence and not worry if the person you send it to might not have Internet connectivity.

This sequence is now in the repository if you want to have a look.

Any questions or comments let me know.

Thanks,

Ernie

Posted by Ernie Ghiglione

Reply to first post on this page
Back to Educational Support