Forum LAMS Newsletter: London LAMS Seminar June 30th & Newsletter 67, 24th June, 08

You may request notification for London LAMS Seminar June 30th & Newsletter 67, 24th June, 08.
Search: 

1: London LAMS Seminar June 30th & Newsletter 67, 24th June, 08
06/24/08 05:58 AM
[ Forward ]
London LAMS 2.1 Seminar Monday 30th June

In late breaking news, I'm giving a seminar on LAMS 2.1 in London on Monday 30th of June from 1pm-2:30pm at London Knowledge Lab (University of London) - all welcome!

I'll be presenting on the new features in LAMS 2.1, particularly branching, and discussing how 2.1 supports an even wider range of activity structures. I'll also discuss the future roadmap for LAMS, including our upcoming work on pedagogic/activity planners. The presentation will go for approximately 45 minutes, followed by an extended Q&A and discussion session.

There is no cost for attending this seminar - my great thanks to Diana Laurillard and Richard Noss for their willingness to host this event at London Knowledge Lab, Emerald st, London - for a map, see http://www.lkl.ac.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=263&Itemid=101

This will be my only chance to present LAMS in the UK during 2008, so for those who can't make it to the European LAMS Conference in Spain, but who want to find out all about current and future LAMS plans, this is the event!

LAMS 2.1 Released

The final (production) release of LAMS 2.1 is now available. Details of installers and upgraders for Windows and Linux/Unix/Mac are available from
http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lams/Downloads

We'll be making the formal announcement of this release at the European LAMS Conference, but for those who can't wait - see the website above!

We'll also be announcing a new LAMS International Partner in the US - see the news page at LAMS Foundation and LAMS International later this week.

New LAMS projects in Australia

The Carrick Institute is the main funding body for teaching and learning in Australian higher education. MELCOE has been successful with two Carrick projects based on LAMS this year - one in the area of teacher education and pedagogic/activity planners, the other in medical education.

A number of Australian universities are already part of these projects, but if there are others who are interested in this work, let me know. Further details of the projects will be included in future newsletters as they get up and running.

Posted by James Dalziel

Post a Reply
Back to LAMS Newsletter