Forum LAMS Lounge Forum: Journal tool in LAMS2

You may request notification for Journal tool in LAMS2.
Search: 

1: Journal tool in LAMS2
09/03/07 10:59 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Dear Colleagues,
I have upgrade my personal LAMS installation to 2.04 and I realised that the Journal tools no longer available. Is this correct or did I make some insallation mistake?
Regards
Gianni Marconato

Posted by Gianni Marconato

2: Re: Journal tool in LAMS2
In response to 1 09/04/07 01:45 AM
[ Reply | Forward ]
In LAMS 2, the Journal tool is called "Notebook". Do you have a "Notebook" tool?

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

3: Re: Re: Journal tool in LAMS2
In response to 2 09/06/07 02:55 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Thanks Fiona. I think "notebook" is different from "Journal". In LAMS1 we had both. Isn't it?
Gianni

4: Re: Re: Re: Journal tool in LAMS2
In response to 3 09/06/07 03:43 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Gianni,

The naming and the location of some of the functionality for Journal has changed a bit in LAMS2 but it is all still there.

The text that learners enter while doing a sequence, via the Notebook tool, can be viewed by the learners by going back to the Notebook activity and can be viewed by the teachers via Monitoring (go to the Sequence tab and double click on the Notebook).

The text that students enter on the little box on the left hand side goes in their scratchpad and can't be seen by the teacher.

If the learner clicks on the View All button on the bottom left then they get up a popup window where they can enter scratchpad entries (hidden from teacher) or journal entries seen by teacher.

The journal entries entered on the popup window can be viewed in monitoring. On the Learner tab, click on Journal Entries button.

Fiona

Posted by Fiona Malikoff

5: Re: Re: Re: Re: Journal tool in LAMS2
In response to 4 09/07/07 11:04 PM
[ Reply | Forward ]
Many thanks, Fiona for your wide replay
Gianni

Reply to first post on this page
Back to LAMS Lounge Forum