Forum LAMS Newsletter: Newsletter 44, 1st Oct, 06

You may request notification for Newsletter 44, 1st Oct, 06.
Search: 

1: Newsletter 44, 1st Oct, 06
10/01/06 04:35 AM
[ Forward ]
Diana Laurillard to present (virtually) at LAMS Conference

I'm delighted to announce another keynote for the upcoming LAMS Conference in December - Professor Diana Laurillard. Diana is one of the most influential e-learning thinkers of our time (for example, her landmark book "Rethinking University Teaching" has over 1400 citations on Google Scholar). Diana has been a great supporter and mentor to me over the years, so it is a special pleasure to have her join us for the first LAMS Conference.

Diana will present virtually from London - her presentation will involve not only slides and live audio, but also live LAMS demonstrations. This will be complemented by both pre and post presentation LAMS activities for conference participants, so I have not doubt Diana will make a major contribution to the conference (even if she can't join us in person)!

LAMS V2 update - Final test version now out

It's been a long time coming, but LAMS V2 is almost ready to go. We said the release would be in October 2006, and we expect to meet this goal! The final test (beta) version is now out - so this is the last chance for feedback prior to the official V2 release in late October.

RAMP project website up

In a past newsletter I mentioned our new work on "RAMS" (the Research Activity Management System) - which applies the concepts of LAMS (and the LAMS V2 software) to the problem of eResearch collaborative activity sequences. RAMS is part of the Australian Government Department of Education Science and Training (DEST) funded "RAMP" project. The RAMP website is now up, including a link to the proposal that explains the ideas behind RAMS. See
http://www.ramp.org.au/

Posted by James Dalziel

Post a Reply
Back to LAMS Newsletter