Forum LAMS Newsletter: Newsletter 41, 10th Sep, 06

You may request notification for Newsletter 41, 10th Sep, 06.
Search: 

1: Newsletter 41, 10th Sep, 06
09/10/06 05:10 AM
[ Forward ]
LAMS V2: Internationalisation, Installation and Innovation discussions

With LAMS V2 due for release in October, the LAMS team has been hard at work finalising features, fixing bugs and general polishing. However, they still find time to discuss V2 development with external contributors such as translators, sysadmins who have been installing LAMS V2 beta, and developers who are starting to innovate on the new V2 platform. For those who are interested in the technical side of LAMS V2, see the Technical Community of the LAMS Community for recent discussions of all of the above. New questions are always welcome!

James Dalziel travel - September/October 2006

I'm always happy to meet with LAMS users when I'm out and about, so here's an update on my travel for the next two months. As I write this newsletter, I'm in Melbourne, Australia for the Blackboard AsiaPac conference (I'm presenting on Monday at 11:45am in M2) - I'll be around Monday and Tuesday.

Next week (Sep 17th-23rd) I'm back in Wuhan, China - this time for the ISO SC36 e-learning standards meeting, as well as catching up with new friends at Huazhong Normal University.

I'll be in the UK briefly October 6-9th (inclusive), then at the US EDUCAUSE conference in Dallas on October 10th and 11th (I'm presenting on the 11th at 11:45am in room D171/173 - for further details, see http://www.educause.edu/E06/Program/9155?PRODUCT_CODE=E06/SESS102 ). I'm then visiting Penn State University on the 12th, and I'll be in New York on the 13th.

No newsletter last week

While I normally have news to report each week, I won't send out a newsletter when it's quite (like last week). I'm sure everyone gets enough email already ;-)

Posted by James Dalziel

Post a Reply
Back to LAMS Newsletter